Al-Bayyina or The Evidence (Arabic: البينة, al-bayyinah, aka "The Clear Proof") is the 98th Chapter (surah) of the Qur'an, with 8 ayat or verses. The Surah is so designated after the word al-bayyinah occurring at the end of the first verse.
The Clear Proof
|Other names||Evidence, The Proof, The Clear Sign, The Evidence of the Truth|
|No. of verses||8|
- 1-2 The idolaters stagger at the revelations of the Quran
- 3-4 Jews and Christians dispute among themselves since the advent of Muhammad and his new religion
- 5 Unbelievers of all classes threatened with divine judgments
- 6 People of the Book and polytheists are the worst of all creatures, destined for hell
- 7-8 'Those who believed and done righteous deeds' are “the best of creatures”; their reward
- Ibn Kathir. "Tafsir Ibn Kathir (English): Surah Al Bayyinah". Quran 4 U. Tafsir. Retrieved 28 September 2021.
- "Ayah al-Baiyinah (The Clear Proof, Evidence, the Proof) 98:6".
- Wherry, Elwood Morris (1896). A Complete Index to Sale's Text, Preliminary Discourse, and Notes. London: Kegan Paul, Trench, Trubner, and Co. This article incorporates text from this source, which is in the public domain.
- Quran 98 Clear Quran translation
- Works related to The Holy Qur'an (Maulana Muhammad Ali)/98. The Clear Evidence at Wikisource
- Haddad, Journal of the American Oriental Society, vol. 97, mo. 4. (Oct. – Dec. 1977), pp. 519–530.