Al-Jumuʿah (Arabic: الجمعة, "Friday") is the 62nd chapter (sūrah) of the Quran, with 11 verses (āyāt). The chapter is named al-jumu`ah ("Friday") because it is the day of assembly, when the community abandons trade, transactions and other diversions in favor of assembling to seek the all-encompassing truth and most beneficent and seek the "bounty of God" exclusively (Verse 9). This surah is an Al-Musabbihat surah because it begins with the glorification of God.
|Other names||Friday, The Day of Congregation|
|No. of Rukus||2|
|No. of verses||11|
|No. of words||177|
|No. of letters||772|
Hadith about Surah Al-Jumua
The first and foremost exegesis/tafsir of the Qur'an is found in hadith of Muhammad. Although some scholars, including ibn Taymiyyah, claim that Muhammad has commented on the whole of the Qur'an, others including Ghazali cite the limited amount of narratives, thus indicating that he has commented only on a portion of the Qur'an. Ḥadīth (حديث) is literally "speech" or "report", that is a recorded saying or tradition of Muhammad validated by isnad; with Sirah Rasul Allah these comprise the sunnah and reveal shariah. According to Aishah, the life of Muhammad was a practical implementation of Qur'an. Therefore, mention in hadith elevates the importance of the pertinent surah from a certain perspective.
- Al-Dahhak b. Qais asked al-Nu'man b. Bashir: What did the Messenger of Allah recite on Friday after reciting the Surah Al-Jumua. He replied: He used to recite, "Had the story of overwhelming event reached you?" (Al-Ghashiyah (88)).
- Ibn Abi Rafi' said: Abu Hurairah led us in the Friday prayer and recited Surah Al-Jumua and "When the hypocrites come to you" (Al-Munafiqun 63) in the last rak'ah. He said: I met Abu Hurairah when he finished the prayer and said to him: You recited the two surah that Ali ibn Abi Talib used to recite at Kufa. Abu Hurairah said: I heard the Messenger of Allah reciting them on Friday.
- "Surah Al-Jumu'ah ". Surah Al-Jumu'ah . Retrieved 23 December 2017. Quran Surah Al-Jumu'a
- Rev. E. M. Wherry, M.A., A Complete Index to Sale's Text, Preliminary Discourse, and Notes
- Şatibi, El-muvafakat
- Muhsin Demirci, Tefsir Usulü, 120
- Grade : Sahih (Al-Albani) صحيح (الألباني) حكم : Reference : Sunan Abu Dawud 1342 In-book reference : Book 5, Hadith 93 English translation : Book 5, Hadith 1337
- Al-Adab al-Mufrad » Dealings with people and good character – كتاب English reference : Book 14, Hadith 308 Arabic reference : Book 1, Hadith 308
- Sahih Al- Jami' AI-Saghir, No.4811
- Sunan Ibn Majah 2333 In-book reference : Book 13, Hadith 26 English translation : Vol. 3, Book 13, Hadith 2333
- Grade : Sahih (Darussalam) Reference : Sunan an-Nasa'i 1601 In-book reference : Book 20, Hadith 4 English translation : Vol. 2, Book 20, Hadith 1602
- Sunan Abu Dawud 1075 In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 686 English translation : Book 2, Hadith 1070
- Sahih Muslim 879 a In-book reference : Book 7, Hadith 81 USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 4, Hadith 1910 (deprecated numbering scheme)
- Sunan Abu Dawud 1123 In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 734 English translation : Book 2, Hadith 1118
- Sunan an-Nasa'i Book 14, Hadith 60 English reference : Vol. 2, Book 14, Hadith 1424 Arabic reference : Book 14, Hadith 1434
- Sunan an-Nasa'i English reference : Vol. 2, Book 14, Hadith 1425 Arabic reference : Book 14, Hadith 1435
- Muwatta Imam Malik Book 5, Hadith 21 Arabic reference : Book 5, Hadith 244
- Sunan Ibn Majah English reference : Vol. 1, Book 5, Hadith 1119 Arabic reference : Book 5, Hadith 1173
- Sunan Abu Dawud Grade: Sahih (Al-Albani) Reference : Sunan Abi Dawud 1124 In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 735 English translation : Book 2, Hadith 1119
- Sunan Ibn Majah English reference : Vol. 1, Book 5, Hadith 1118 Arabic reference : Book 5, Hadith 1172
- Sunan al-Tirmidhi 519 In-book reference : Book 4, Hadith 32 English translation : Vol. 1, Book 4, Hadith 519